COVID-19 has changed so much including how we function as a church. We will post updates as we phase back into our normal gatherings on this page.
July 22 Update: The Governor of Minnesota released an executive order requiring the use of masks in indoor spaces. There is no exemption for religious institutions. As such, we intended to observe the mandate. Please take note of the following details:
- Masks are required, per the executive order. Masks will be available for those who are unable to obtain one.
- Individuals who would be adversely affected by wearing a mask are exempt from the mandate. If you are not wearing a mask, we will not question your decision. We will simply assume that you have a valid reason not to.
- Individuals 5 years old or younger are exempt from the mask requirement, as per the executive order.
- Further exemptions have been made that allow for the temporary removal of masks for both strenuous activities as well as activity that requires the removal of masks (public speaking, etc.).
- For more information, please see the Face Covering Requirements and the Guidance for Gatherings.
- If you have been ill or in contact with someone who has been sick, we ask that you remain at home. We will upload the recording of the service as soon as possible.
- We will not meet for Bible Classes during the month of June. Instead, we will seek to provide additional teaching in other ways.
- We will not provide childcare during the month of June-July, tentatively resuming in August. We will have children's bulletins and crayons available to help younger children during the service. Also, the children's rooms will be open and available based on parental discretion.
- We will gather for our morning worship service at 10:45 AM. The building will be opened by 10:25 AM.
- We have added additional space between rows. If family units sit together and stagger in each row, appropriate social distancing can be observed.
- Please be respectful of others and refrain from hugs and handshakes and maintain suggested social distancing.
- We will not offer printed bulletins. All announcements will be communicated verbally or via email.
- Communion packets (containing both bread and the juice) will be on the back table. Please pick a packet up on your way in and hold onto it until we observe the Lord's Supper at the conclusion of the service.
- We will sing congregationally. As we have observed churches in other states that have meet for several weeks, there has not been a spike in coronavirus cases due to congregational singing.
If you are interested in exploring Christianity or finding a church, we are happy to talk with you as well.
We understand that some will be unable to join us at the church building. You can receive our weekly teaching online, posted every Sunday morning on our sermons page.
If you are in need of assistance, please reach out to us through our contact page.